DIgSILENT releases GridCode 2019
DIgSILENT has released GridCode 2019. This new major version is available to all our customers with a valid guarantee/maintenance contract.
Major new developments in functionality are focusing on the introduction of network codes drafted by ENTSO-e with guidance from the Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACRE) towards harmonization of the market. Generators all over European countries must respect this regulation (ENTSO-e Network Code (2016): "Requirements for Grid Connection (RfGC) Applicable to all Generators". COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) 2016/631 of 14th April 2016, establishing a network code on requirements for grid connection of generators). The DIgSILENT team has been tracking the implementation monitoring in all European countries. The following documents are now included in GridCode 2019:
- EnergiNet Grid Code (2018): "Requirements set according to EU regulation 2016/631 - Requirements for grid connection of Generators (RfG)"
- VDE AR-N 4120 (Draft 2017) "Technical requirements for the connection and operation of customer installations to the high-voltage network (TCC High-Voltage)". Verification according to FGW – TR3 Rev24 (2016).
- REN (2018): "Implementação dos códigos de rede europeus RfG – Requirements for Generators Limiares para os grupos geradores"
DIgSILENT will actively continue supporting former versions of grid codes.
GridCode 2019 is compatible with any data acquisition system (DAQ) or recording equipment, able to provide fault recording and monitoring of dynamic system behaviour, as reflected in the “Network Code on Requirements for Grid Connection of Generators”. The recording equipment shall record the following parameters:
- Active power
- Reactive power
GridCode 2019 can provide the following functionalities to any basic DAQ system, when the TSO provides special requirements:
- Processing raw data and conversion into the required format.
- Permanent monitoring of TSO-specific quality of supply parameters.
- Additional triggering criteria, as the oscillation trigger with the purpose of detecting poorly damped power oscillations.
- Resampling to the agreed sampling time.
- Third party access to raw data and automatic reports (owner, relevant system operator and relevant TSO).
Check the product site for additional information. Request a LIVE DEMO to the DIgSILENT expert team and let us show you how GridCode 2019 can transform your current approach regarding Grid Code compliance.